NOTE ON PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
GDPR Note – LAROMET SA
Taking into consideration the new data protection regulations, introduced via EU Regulation UE 2016/679, the legal basis of processing personal data and personal data protection inside the EU, beginning with May 25th, 2018, we wish to reconfirm our commitment to process your personal data transparently and observing all legal rights. In this regard, please find enclosed the elements which interest you, in your capacity as “data subject”.
What is data processing?
According to EU Regulation UE 2016/679, “data processing” is any operation or set of operations of personal data or of personal data sets, with or without using automated means such as collecting, recording, using, organizing, structuring, storing, adapting or modifying, extracting, consulting, using, disclosing through transferring, or making available in any other way, aligning or combining, restricting, deleting or damaging thereof. In its capacity as economic operator, S.C. LAROMET S.A. (hereinafter referred to as LAROMET), shall always consider that data processing is characterized as legally valid, just and transparent, whereas required data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary to the processing purpose.
What personal data do we process?
- Identification data (name and surname, ID card series and number)
- Contact data (invoicing and delivery address, e-mail address, telephone number)
- Data to identify freight vehicle at loading
- Your personal data is obtained directly from you, at our headquarters or by providing them by you on the phone or via e-mail.
With what purposes do we process your personal data?
Your data is processed for the following purposes:
- To supply goods and services;
- To collect debt/collection of overdue receivables;
- To transmit to third parties’ contractors, according to law (as well as, but not limited to, courier / postal services companies, collection of overdue receivables companies or other principals contracted by LAROMET to exercise its legitimate interests);
- For marketing (as well as, but not limited to, special offers to clients, including promoting any LAROMET products and services, advertising / publicity);
- To fulfill legal obligations (such as confirmation of taking over of wares by assignees of our clients);
Who do we send your personal data to?
Categories of potential transfer receivers may be:
- Third party subcontractors (e.g.: currier services providers, collection of overdue receivables companies);
What happens if your do not wish your personal data to be processed by LAROMET?
Your personal data is necessary to complete orders and take over wares from the LAROMET warehouse. Your refusal leads to the impossibility to issue invoices and hand over the goods.
Which are your rights regarding personal data protection?
As of May 25th, 2018, the EU Regulation 2016/679 revised and extended the scope of natural persons rights regarding their personal data.
- Personal data = any information on an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is a person who may be identified either directly or indirectly, especially referring to an identification element, such as: name, identification number, localization data, online identifier, one or more element specific to physical, physiological, genetic, economic, cultural or social identification;
- Personal data processing = any operation or set of operations operated on personal data or on sets of personal data, with or without using automatic means, such as: collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, adapting or modifying, extracting, consulting, using, disclosing to third parties via transfer, dissemination or in any other way, joining or combining, blocking / restricting, deleting or damaging;
- In what follows, please find enclosed a detailed version of these rights to better understand their legal content:
- Right of information = the right of the data subject to be informed regarding operator and data protection expert identity and contact data, purposes in which data is processed, personal data categories targeted, data receivers and data recipients categories, existence of rights provided by law concerning personal data protection of data subject and whether they meet the legal requirements;
- Data access right = the right of the data subject to obtain from the data operator upon request and free of charge confirmation of the fact that their personal data is or is not processed by the latter;
- Right of correction = the right of the data subject to obtain, upon request and free of charge, correction of inexact data, as well as completing missing data;
- The right to erase data („right to be forgotten”) = the right of the data subject to obtain, upon request and free of charge, insofar all the legal conditions are met, the erasure of personal data regarding said person;
- The right to restrict processing = the right of the data subject to obtain, upon request and free of charge, insofar all the legal conditions are met, tagging stored personal data in order to limit its subsequent processing (as of May 25, 2018);
- The right portability = the right of the data subject to obtain, upon request and free of charge, personal data in a structured manner, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit that data by LAROMET to other operators, to the extent to which all legal conditions are met (as of May 25, 2018);
- The right to opposition = the right of the data subject to oppose at any time, for true and just case regarding their particular situation, that their personal data is processed, according to conditions expressly provided by the law;
- The right not to be subjected to an individual decision = the right of the data subject to request and obtain withdrawal, annulment or reevaluation of any decision based solely on automated means (including profile creation) which produces legal effects for the data subject or similarly affects them significantly;
- The right to address the Court or the National Supervisory Authority for the Processing of Personal Data = the right of the data subject to address The National Supervisory Authority for the Processing of Personal Data, or address the Court to defend any infringed rights guaranteed by applicable laws in the domain of data protection.
How long is your personal data processed by LAROMET?
Your personal data is processed while you are a LAROMET customer, as well as subsequently, according to legal provisions regulating such data processing terms (for example, legal provisions regulating documents archiving).
If you have any requests, information requests or notification regarding the exercise of your rights, including the situation in which you wish to withdraw your consent on marketing data processing, contact us via the following means of communication:
Via e-mail, at: office[at]laromet.ro
In writing, at LAROMET headquartered in Macului Street.